The Board of Directors passes emergency measures in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
In light of the developing COVID-19 outbreak in the United States, an emergency (online) meeting of the Board of Directors was held.
On April 1st, 2020, in light of the development of the COVID-19 outbreak in the United States, the Board of Directors convened in an online meeting to draft measures to protect the health of all staff/supporters.
At the end of the meeting, an official communiqué outlining all of the enacted measures was released. Below are some of the key takeaways from that communiqué:
1. All in-person events (including SciWorks workshops) are now canceled indefinitely until further notice.
2. The physical office of STEM Generation Inc. will extend shutdown until May 15th. The physical mailbox will not be monitored during this time. The Board will reaccess the situation by May 5th to decide if this shutdown date will be further extended.
3. Any scheduled donations through the eduSTEM program planned to occur anytime after April 1st are now postponed indefinitely until further notice.
4. Any online seminars and/or meetings planned to occur between April 1st and May 1st are cancelled.
5. Only the general inquiry email address (email@example.com) will be monitored during this time. All other organizational email addresses are not guaranteed to be monitored.
6. The release date of the first and second quarterly newsletter (originally planned to be March 31st and June 30th, respectively) are now both delayed one month.
President Eric Jing: "It is important that we take these strict measures to curb the spread of the outbreak."
In addition to these updates, a dedicated webpage for all further COVID-19 updates was created and released on April 10th, 2020.